Dead by Daylight current state – constantly updated
Here you can find posts and other stuff about this game..
This notice will be updated soon with more information.
This will get updated soon, I am currently too busy to update this.
Current issues/bugs with the game v. 1.8.0a
Needs to be fixed
- Sometimes when you unhook a survivor they will fall through the ground and game thinks they are still hooked displaying the hook and entity model as if someone is still there and when they get sacrificed they just die (below the map or on the map if they did not fall) and the game displays dead (mori) icon instead of sacrificed icon for that player. Still a bit unclear on this, more information needed..
- Hook rescues post-exit (all generators repaired) don’t count towards daily ritual progress
- Nea model is showing sometimes connected socks/ankles both model and aura
- The Hag’s red stain is wiggling around the upper side of the model not staying in place and is very inconsistent height, wideness, placement
- The save game file can reset itself and you will lose all your points, item and progress made. Guide how to back backup your profile | Causes include: weekly Steam maintenance (Tuesday 0:00-1:00 UTC), connection loss on client side, dynamic IP address change
- Borrowed time can activate after you get hit on hook rescues making you enter the dying state and have borrowed time status icon shown to you if timed correctly by the killer, possibly caused by lag
- Decisive Strike can be cancelled by the killer by timing their attack (mouse1) precisely right during the skillcheck window. Bug report on the forums, with video.
- If a survivor disconnects (on purpose) while you pick them up you will carry them around forever until you get blinded or pallet stunned, and if you attack them after they have been freed from you the game will crash – Video | Detailed bug report on the forums
- Sometimes you are unable to wiggle, recover, self heal, exit through the exit gates or “snap out of it”
- Sometimes you don’t exit if you go through the exit gates
- Achievements don’t count some actions correctly if more than one is required for the achievement
Never to be fixed issues/bugs
- Slightly different and broken scracth marks since the engine update from 1.4.x to 1.5 game update (never to be fully fixed, improved and to be improved?)
Last updated November 6, 2017 17:00 UTC.
Dead by Daylight, v1.9.3b 13.03.2018
~80-85 ping in lobby
User 76561198127768020 blocked me for no reason. This however wasn’t that long of a block and it seems if I stop moving they stop blocking faster.
This seems to happen often to me so I figured I’ll start uploading a video of them from now on..
I haven’t seen the player 76561198133786960 before and for no reason they just blocked me in for minutes and then didn’t save me or anyone else from the hook during rest of the game.
At this moment it seems that reporting in-game on Dead by Daylight is broken.
If you need to report someone for rule breaking (not because they killed you or teabagged you) you need to use The Player Report Form.
And no, there isn’t any notice anywhere about the in-game reporting being broken. There are no forum thread(s) or notice(s) in-game. And it would be nice if there were some notice about this somewhere!
The only source I can find for this is here, http://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/1693785669857844537/?tscn=1517384086#c1700541698680308230.
No, you need go back to school and learn English to understand what I am saying to you..
Link to the person’s profile page, 76561198301856664.
How to have a conversation in Dead by Daylight
- Insult the other person
- Tell them you insulted them because of a bug what they have no control over
- If they answer anything to you ask if they are trolling you
- Leave and stop the conversation with that person
There is a well known bug in the Dead by Daylight, well maybe not that known after all?
Anyways the bug is that if only 3 out of the 4 survivors make into the game from the lobby sometimes the game can randomly show that you must finish 5 generators for the exit gates to become powered for some but not all survivors in that one game. After finishing one generator however the number changes from 5 to 3 skipping the number 4. So in reality you only have to finish 4 generators instead of the full amount of 5, because you are missing one survivor from the game.
Seems like the bug still isn’t fixed, I filed a bug report myself about this bug back in 7 Nov, 2017 @ 5:36pm. The bug report can be found here.
Games.. Those things where you get angry over small things.
It’s funny how most of the online games have items, weapons or tactics you are “not allowed” to use. For example CoD has “noobtube”, CS has awp or even autosniper and DbD has mori and too many blink addons for the nurse.
And of course someone got angry about me using those “disallowed” items.. Wintor, even went as far as messaging me on my Twitch stream and adding me on Steam after I didn’t reply.
He had the time and effort to ask me on Twitch and Steam.. But not in-game, which is weird. So I had the time and effort to make this blog post in return.
Got a person who kept on jumping on top of this car and staying there to avoid me, moderately, eventually dying. You did not even need dead hard to get up here if you did it right and because I had chainsaw I could get up there as well but.. You still could use that spot to avoid the killer because you can just dodge the chainsaw without the need to jump down.
So I tried the newly made player report form and it seemed to work OK because I noticed that the person had uploaded a screenshot of the ban (24h) to their Steam community page.
There has been a long time bugs where you may disconnect randomly from the game even if your friends, or even from the same household stay connected in the game.
And you just get disconnected even if you don’t experience any lag. But.. Someone insisted I ddosed his friend off the game, better tactic would be just block the IP address with a firewall if you don’t want people in your games but I did neither. The person got disconnected due to bug(s) in the game.
Besides.. Ddos would kick him off Steam as well depending how big of a lag you would cause on the victims Internet connection and it’s very visible if you are getting ddosed by disconnecting Internet programs (Steam anyone?) and inability to use Internet, voice/text communication with friends.
So if you ever get disconnected but your friends stay in the game and there is nothing wrong with your Internet connection you lost connection to the killer due to bug in the game and not due to ddos.
And ddos is illegal, requires high upload speed or even multiple connections to use efficiently.