Dead by Daylight current state – constantly updated
Here you can find posts and other stuff about this game..
This notice will be updated soon with more information.
This will get updated soon, I am currently too busy to update this.
Current issues/bugs with the game v. 2.4.0
Needs to be fixed
- Hook rescues post-exit (all generators repaired) don’t count towards daily ritual progress.
- Deep Wound status effect bar stays at 100% even after second hit in the same Frenzy if it happens too quickly after the first hit.
- You are unable to open Steam profile pages by clicking player names on the scoreboard.
- Wraith with a Sloppy Butcher perk causes bleeding to never stop, even if fully healed.
- The game map has some left over graphics from removed doors in place, screenshot 1 – screenshot 2.
- The trapper is sometimes unable to pick up a survivor trapped in a bear-trap,video.
- The borrowed time perk doesn’t activate sometimes.
- The exit gate doesn’t register if you leave the map.
- The killer can sometimes go fully invisible leaving only heartbeat and red stain to be the only sights of the killer.
- The loading into games can fail using all offerings and not displaying scoreboard only to return back to menu with search for lobbies button. Video, bug report on the forums.
Never to be fixed issues/bugs
- Slightly different and broken scratch marks since the engine update from 1.4.x to 1.5 game update (never to be fully fixed, improved and to be improved?)
Last updated December 22, 2018 16:00 UTC.
Useful information and links
- http://support.deadbydaylight.com Support
- https://forum.deadbydaylight.com Official forums
- How to find survivor(s) Steam profile
- (Old – no longer relevant) Survive with Friends issues and fixes
- (Old – no longer relevant) Dead by Daylight – How to: create backup of your profile/save game
- (Old – no longer relevant) How to fix solo queue getting stuck
I wonder what ping means..
If your ping bar icon is red (250+ ms) that means you will most likely to have moderate to high lags in the game. You are also free to leave the lobby if the ping doesn’t suit you.
He accused me of lag switch but.. If your ping is stable how is it switching?
In Dead by Daylight which has been peer to peer game from release date to somewhere summer 2019 the killer acts as host and can lag on purpose to make a hard time for survivors to navigate the map without running into walls or just limit network connection to the clients to stop them from moving completly.
On top of whining at me for his own laggy connection he ragequit as soon as I downed him for the first time – less than two minutes into the game. Other players had OK ping and didn’t complain, or lag in-game.
No idea why his ping was that high, according to his Steam profile game review he speaks Turkish. Didn’t check his ping or country so can’t be sure. As for my connection during that game I had 50 Mbps upload speed which is more than enough for Turkey clients/survivors connecting to my game server.
His permanent Steam profile url: Udayzen
Well here we go again, Dead by Daylight player whine comment on my Steam profile.
First, he commented on the wrong profile.. Nearly an hour after we had played together. And then he doesn’t even know about the biggest bug happening right now where lots of people (including me) have had their game freeze during loading screen (more about that here). And the list goes on.. I was the killer in that game, where he was playing in a full SWF team with his mates..
His Steam profile for reference: Juu.
Alcohol and Dead by Daylight doesn’t mix well, remember that kids!
Tried to help him direct his hatred against the intended target but he just deleted my comment and ignored it. Didn’t delete the comment from my profile either.
Permanent Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198820283323
IP address: 184.108.40.206
How many got this achievement only 6 days after release date?
Was I first?
EDIT: I was only the second to get this achievement according to my research..
The first one was MugaiZM who got it only 10 hours before I did.
Permanent Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198841887758
IP address: 220.127.116.11
Permanent Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198812003311
IP address: 18.104.22.168
Steam account was created somewhere around February 5th 2018, the legacy weapon was acquired by using someone elses save file before that moved into the cloud on March 6th 2018.
Permanent Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198255127273
IP address: 22.214.171.124
As of now all reports must be submitted using the in-game report form, even if you want to submit screenshot or video evidence.
If you are streaming you can’t go to edit the video or else you would have to “pause” or quit streaming first, your audience will just get bored waiting for you to download archive video or find live recording, edit and upload that before continuing forward from the report screen.
If you aren’t streaming and aren’t recording video from each of your games you must first find the recording and start recording, possibly change settings if you haven’t touched the recorder in ages. That can even be too slow to get any evidence.
And not in all cases you have super fast Internet connection and powerful CPU+GPU to;
- record screen in acceptable quality
- edit the video (mostly cut out or speed up irrelevant/boring scenes)
- upload the video to the Internet within the acceptable speed (less than 1 hour)
Then once you do have some evidence of the incident you must write something to the report which can be harder than it looks like. There is a character limit to it! You can’t explain the full game or incident in some cases if you wish to link to screenshot(s) or video(s), and if you have more than two links it could prove to be impossible to fit all that into the in-game report form.
All this because the reports are easier to use if all of them are in the same place. There used to be a Google web form for this with lots of space to write, guide how to obtain Steam ID and so on but console users can’t use that as efficiently as PC users. The game developers, BHVR, have said they are working on improving the report form back in May 3, 2018 but so far since then I personally haven’t seen anything to change with the in-game report form, other than;
- not opening the profile page if you click the report button
- showing you if the report was sent successfully (working icon)
- not opening the report form twice in a row for one click
- fixing other errors sending reports
Dead by Daylight has monthly online ranking reset 13th day of each month. And this month I have moved into a new apartment, played a lot other games and overall been busy with life, so naturally my online ranking has been low in Dead by Daylight, as has been my time for playing the game. You can also see from the screenshot above that I have only played Dead by Daylight for 10.7 hours past two weeks, my profile page is public so everyone can see it also.
I was rank 13 and ranked up to 12 from that game, survivor ranks were 15, 10, 18 and BullyHunter_69 had 14 so that was fairly balanced.
Normally I would be rank 1 but I am still not so sure about this ranking system, haven’t really had the time to play much to see how it’s like or what rank I would be now with the new ranking system. And no, I do not derank on purpose for easier games, I like the challenge.