Dead by Daylight current state – constantly updated
Here you can find posts and other stuff about this game..
This notice will be updated soon with more information.
This will get updated soon, I am currently too busy to update this.
Current issues/bugs with the game v. 2.4.0
Needs to be fixed
- Hook rescues post-exit (all generators repaired) don’t count towards daily ritual progress.
- Deep Wound status effect bar stays at 100% even after second hit in the same Frenzy if it happens too quickly after the first hit.
- You are unable to open Steam profile pages by clicking player names on the scoreboard.
- Wraith with a Sloppy Butcher perk causes bleeding to never stop, even if fully healed.
- The game map has some left over graphics from removed doors in place, screenshot 1 – screenshot 2.
- The trapper is sometimes unable to pick up a survivor trapped in a bear-trap,video.
- The borrowed time perk doesn’t activate sometimes.
- The exit gate doesn’t register if you leave the map.
- The killer can sometimes go fully invisible leaving only heartbeat and red stain to be the only sights of the killer.
- The loading into games can fail using all offerings and not displaying scoreboard only to return back to menu with search for lobbies button. Video, bug report on the forums.
Never to be fixed issues/bugs
- Slightly different and broken scratch marks since the engine update from 1.4.x to 1.5 game update (never to be fully fixed, improved and to be improved?)
Last updated December 22, 2018 16:00 UTC.
Useful information and links
- http://support.deadbydaylight.com Support
- https://forum.deadbydaylight.com Official forums
- How to find survivor(s) Steam profile
- (Old – no longer relevant) Survive with Friends issues and fixes
- (Old – no longer relevant) Dead by Daylight – How to: create backup of your profile/save game
- (Old – no longer relevant) How to fix solo queue getting stuck
Permanent Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198820283323
IP address: 126.96.36.199
How many got this achievement only 6 days after release date?
Was I first?
EDIT: I was only the second to get this achievement according to my research..
The first one was MugaiZM who got it only 10 hours before I did.
Permanent Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198841887758
IP address: 188.8.131.52
Permanent Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198812003311
IP address: 184.108.40.206
Steam account was created somewhere around February 5th 2018, the legacy weapon was acquired by using someone elses save file before that moved into the cloud on March 6th 2018.
Permanent Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198255127273
IP address: 220.127.116.11
As of now all reports must be submitted using the in-game report form, even if you want to submit screenshot or video evidence.
If you are streaming you can’t go to edit the video or else you would have to “pause” or quit streaming first, your audience will just get bored waiting for you to download archive video or find live recording, edit and upload that before continuing forward from the report screen.
If you aren’t streaming and aren’t recording video from each of your games you must first find the recording and start recording, possibly change settings if you haven’t touched the recorder in ages. That can even be too slow to get any evidence.
And not in all cases you have super fast Internet connection and powerful CPU+GPU to;
- record screen in acceptable quality
- edit the video (mostly cut out or speed up irrelevant/boring scenes)
- upload the video to the Internet within the acceptable speed (less than 1 hour)
Then once you do have some evidence of the incident you must write something to the report which can be harder than it looks like. There is a character limit to it! You can’t explain the full game or incident in some cases if you wish to link to screenshot(s) or video(s), and if you have more than two links it could prove to be impossible to fit all that into the in-game report form.
All this because the reports are easier to use if all of them are in the same place. There used to be a Google web form for this with lots of space to write, guide how to obtain Steam ID and so on but console users can’t use that as efficiently as PC users. The game developers, BHVR, have said they are working on improving the report form back in May 3, 2018 but so far since then I personally haven’t seen anything to change with the in-game report form, other than;
- not opening the profile page if you click the report button
- showing you if the report was sent successfully (working icon)
- not opening the report form twice in a row for one click
- fixing other errors sending reports
Dead by Daylight has monthly online ranking reset 13th day of each month. And this month I have moved into a new apartment, played a lot other games and overall been busy with life, so naturally my online ranking has been low in Dead by Daylight, as has been my time for playing the game. You can also see from the screenshot above that I have only played Dead by Daylight for 10.7 hours past two weeks, my profile page is public so everyone can see it also.
I was rank 13 and ranked up to 12 from that game, survivor ranks were 15, 10, 18 and BullyHunter_69 had 14 so that was fairly balanced.
Normally I would be rank 1 but I am still not so sure about this ranking system, haven’t really had the time to play much to see how it’s like or what rank I would be now with the new ranking system. And no, I do not derank on purpose for easier games, I like the challenge.
76561198261444821 wanted me to save while killer was camping. I didn’t know if the killer had NOED or not but I knew I didn’t have borrowed time.
So I went to the hook, even while he kept doing the “killer is camping” emote. I tried to lure the killer away by opening the exit gates hoping the killer would chase me and others could save but..
I realized (and too late too) that other survivors had left the game.
I kept trying to lure the killer away from the hook so I could try to save without getting blink grabbed off the hook – or fall down before I manage to unhook.
I didn’t get the save and the killer camped way too close to the hook, so instead of being mad at the others who left he whines at me in-game and writes this to my profile page.
Here is a quick 4 minute video of the incident.
Thank you Dead by Daylight (game) for getting all these wonderful people commenting on my profile!
I even had profile comments disabled for years and I decided to open up them just for people like this.
So.. I got asked to play for someone else using their Steam account.
I didn’t know what it was for or why he asked me, or even how he found about me.. So I played along to see where it was going. At first he asked me to play using my own account. I was busy with life and had recently moved to another apartment so I was nowhere close of rank 1 because of the monthly resets. I played a game as rank 9 killer, I depipped. He said I played well and had thought for some reason that I had actually pipped in that game.
Then he asked me if I could play one game on his Steam account, I didn’t ask questions and agreed. He was rank 1 killer so I thought he wanted to see me playing at the rank. This game was to be uploaded to Youtube, which I did – you can find the video here. I killed 3 out of 4 because one of them lost connection, either a game bug or due to me being cautious and using a VPN to protect my IP address because the owner of that Steam account got the IP address from an email automatically when I logged in.
Yes, I know.. You are not supposed to share, transfer or use another persons Steam account but I assumed it was only for the rank difference and he really wanted to see me playing at rank 1. And what’s the harm? He already had rank 1 and I only played one game, versus rank 1-3s. It was fair game either way and I didn’t touch his Steam account in any other way. Didn’t even check his recovery email address. He asked me to family share his Steam library with my Steam account but I refused and didn’t link our accounts.
Then he asked me to play again on his account at impossible hours like 6 am my local time when I would be asleep. Then again at 18:10 my local time when I could of in theory done it but was still on the fence if I should risk it by logging to someone elses Steam account yet another time. That could have severe risks to my own Steam accounts, if Valve were to say I stole his account or something similar.
Then few hours later I went on the Dead by Daylight Steam discussions boards as usual where I try to help people having trouble with the game and learn more about the game, and to keep up with recent issues and events.
It finally hit me, I were to play as him versus some popular person I am guessing, I really have no idea about streamers since I never watch any live streams of any games. I only try to stream my own gameplay to friends and other people who might be interested in my playing, after all it’s all public and open to everyone.
So I just wanted to tell the truth about what happened to me on one of the forum threads about this particular person.. And as usual I didn’t really know how he would feel about it. Sorry!
Here are the threads about this whole thing, at least the ones I could find with ease.
And here is what happened next..
I am sorry harshk but you only got yourself into this and I simply told some people what did happen, truthfully.